|Have you ever thought what is the main reason of your existence in the world? What is your main life purpose and what is that you can do easily, with no pain or stress that really evokes a tremendous effect on others peoples’ life, as well as, yours? What is a life purpose anyway? Is it something I am lucky to have or something I need to discover now?
A “purpose” can be as simple as an intention or a resolution. So a “life purpose” is nothing more than a commitment to live in a certain way and achieve specific objectives. When it comes to life purpose, people usually find themselves in one of three places:
1. They don’t worry about whether they have an official purpose or not; they simply live their life doing the things they feel drawn to.
2. They know exactly what their purpose is and they joyfully work at it each day.
3. They believe they have a purpose but have no idea what it may be or how to find out.
The majority of people probably fall into the third group. If you want to know in which group you belong, consider the question below:
1. Have you ever felt like you were supposed to be doing more with your life?
2. Have you ever yearned to use your natural talents to contribute to the world?
3. Have you ever felt like your current or previous jobs didn’t use your talents fully?
4. Has your daily routine become predictable and boring?
5. Do you ever wonder if “this is it”?
If you answered yes to most of these questions, you are probably ready to discover greater meaning and purpose in your own life – whether you see it as awakening a predestined purpose or choosing one you want.
Your purpose will always be something that:
· You feel passionate about!
· You are naturally good at!
· You already love to do!
· Is important to you!
Take some time and think the answers to the above questions. Brainstorm and express yourself with icons, symbols, sentimental wording. It is your purpose and you have to discover it and protect it along your life!
Benefits of living with purpose
Greater focus in your daily activities – rather than feeling adrift
· Increased discipline when it comes to productivity and achievement
· Passion and motivation! When was the last time you felt excited about your day?
· Personal empowerment – being in control of your own life
· Meaning and fulfillment. Knowing that your life matters.
· Energy and vitality! Purposeful living energizes your mind, body and spirit.
· Peace and contentment. Knowing you are exactly where you want to be.
So how do you make it work? Here’s a good way to make the big picture clearer:
Imagine you are preparing to take a journey. What do you need? First you need to establish a clear destination. You need a map that shows you how to get to your destination. You need a method of transportation to travel there and of course, all modes of transportation require fuel to power them.
Your life journey is much like a journey.
· The things you love to do are the vehicle you travel in.
· Your natural talents are the map that shows you how to get to your destination.
· The things that are important to you ARE the destination.
· Your passion is the fuel that powers the whole operation.
With every purpose you need:
· A passion for it. (Your passions)
· A commitment to it. (Important to you)
· A tangible way to share it with the world. (Activities you love to do)
· The ability to do it well (Your natural talents)
When these things come together, you’ve got a virtual explosion of passion, meaning, fulfillment, empowerment – and true Purpose!